Athletes Need Established Care
The Sports Medicine Physicians at Potomac Valley Orthopaedic Associates specialize in preventing, diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating sports injuries. Whether you are a weekend warrior, a high school competitor, or a professional athlete, CAO’s Sports Medicine Physicians and their staff evaluate and diagnose sports injuries promptly and implement appropriate treatment, both surgically and non-surgically. Our end game is quickly and safely returning patients to their chosen sport or activity.
Contact Post Injury
Call the main number at 301-774-0500 and then press 0 for Bethesda Soccer Club players, families, and community extension.
Bethesda First Contact with PVOA
PVOA will have Bethesda Soccer Club hours for our community.
Monday Morning Times:
Germantown Office with Dr. Volk - 8:45 AM & 8:55 AM - New and follow-up appointments
Olney, Columbia, Silver Spring offices - 9:00 AM
All four offices - 1:00 PM
*If these times don't work, PVOA has said they will work with each family as needed.
Schedule Next Steps
When you enter your email in your initial scheduling, you will be prompted to their portal, where you can fill out all the required forms.
PVOA Partnership with Bethesda Soccer Club
• Official Orthopaedic Partner of Bethesda Soccer Club
• Immediate help to start injury recovery
• Less stress in the glide path process (injury to recovery)
• Increase compliance for return-to-play plans
• Alleviate parental concerns
• Experienced Specialists with proven results
BETHESDA SOCCER CLUB INJURIES
Unfortunately, throughout the year, injuries do happen. Our partnership with Potomac Valley Orthopaedic Associates, becoming the Official Orthopaedic Partner of Bethesda Soccer Club, allows Bethesda players to quickly evaluate the injury and begin the process of recovery with a best-in-class team of experienced doctors who have treated professional athletes at the highest levels of competition.
Where is PVOA located?
They have four convenient office locations throughout Montgomery and Howard County.
How are emergencies handled?
Our physicians are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call our main office number, (410) 992-7800 or (301) 774-0500, for assistance anytime.
What is the financial policy?
Before scheduling an appointment with our physicians, we ask that you contact your insurance company to verify our participation with your plan and review your benefits and eligibility.
Please be advised that co-payments, items, and services not covered by your insurance and any prior balances are your responsibility and are due when the services are rendered.
Remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. If you do not follow your insurance plan’s terms, the insurance company may not pay for all or part of your care.
We require that you present your insurance card at the initial appointment along with identification. We will need this process annually, as well.
This is how the insurance billing process works:
- A claim will be sent to your insurance company. (We do file on secondary insurance).
- After your insurance company receives the claim, the insurance company may contact you for additional information, such as an accident report, or to coordinate your benefits. Please respond to your insurance company’s questions as quickly as possible so that payment is not delayed.
- It usually takes 30-45 days for your insurance company to pay your claim. After your insurance company has paid its portion, any remaining balance will be your responsibility.
- You will receive an explanation of benefits (EOB) from your insurance carrier advising you of any amount you owe. The EOB should match your physician’s statement.
- You will receive a statement for any balances remaining. Please pay promptly.
We have a self-pay policy if you do not have insurance or we do not currently contract with your insurance company.
We do not bill liability insurance. You will be expected to follow our self-pay policy.
You will likely receive separate bills from other physicians for services or tests that they provided while you were in the hospital. Those bills are separate and apart from our physicians’ accounts. If you have questions about those bills, please call the telephone number printed on those statements.
Our patient account representatives can help you with billing questions or provide more information. When calling, please have the patient's account number and date of birth available. Our Billing Department telephone number is (301) 774-9300.
We accept the following forms of payment: cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card.
We understand that the financial issues related to health care can be confusing and difficult to understand, and we hope this information helps explain some of the problems.
Will you file a claim with my insurance company, or is that my responsibility?
We will file the claim for you if we are under contract with your insurance company.
What insurance is taken?
Major health plans accepted. Follow the link for a general listing of the insurance companies. If you do not see your insurance listed, please call our office as we periodically accept new plans.