Welcome to the Bethesda SC Media Toolkit page! Bethesda SC is proud to use our social media and marketing tools to help show all of the great achievements that our players make, both on and off of the pitch. We are very fortunate to have some incredible student-athletes who are making positive contributions to both their teams and our world.
Our club firmly believes in the positive impact that soccer can have a on player, a team, and a community and so it is our mission to use our various platforms to help promote the positive impact that our players, our coaches, our staff and our club are having on the world around them. Oh, and occasionally a few positive results too 🙂
So What Does Bethesda SC Like To Share On Its Platforms?
BSC's Mission is to create a competitive, supportive, challenging, and fun environment for all of our players to reach their potential through the beautiful game of soccer. Our social media and website platforms are an extension of our mission in that we use them to promote ALL of our players, coaches, staff, and alumni.
- Top (first or second) finishes at tournaments
- Practice or game footage
- Player, Coach, Staff and Team Awards from leagues, estemeed soccer organizations, and major media publications
- Team bonding sessions (i.e. going to the movies or a professional game)
- Academic achievements
- College Commitments
- National Team call-ups
- Speaking opportunities for coaches and staff
- Community service efforts
- Opportunities for player development provided by state and league associations as well as our partnership organizations
- Alumni news
- All photos must be in either a JPEG or PNG format
- The photo must be clear and not grainy or too out of focus
- For team photos from tournament or game: Must include the full team name (i.e. BU15 Blue), their coaches name, and some general information from the game (i.e. who scored, some big moments from the game, etc.)
- For individual photos: The photo must include both players names and what team they play for.
- All players must have signed the photo waiver during registration to have their picture posted on social media.
- Video must be clear and not blurry
- We will not repost videos that contains music that is copyrighted (Our social media could be potentially flagged and removed by the platform).
- Any videos of professional clubs must also be from legitimate sources (i.e. FIFA, Major League Soccer, etc.)
- If it is a video of an individual player please make sure to provide the player's first and last name and their team name.
- If it is a highlight package of a team from a game or a tournament please make sure to provide some basic information from the event (scores, goalscorers, etc.)
- Link to the article must be provided
- If the article is behind a paywall, you can either provide a PDF to the piece a screeenshot of the mention of the player or team
- Articles on a players achievement in high school soccer are accepted.
BSC is committed to highlighting all of our players who are going to play college soccer the following fall.
If you are interested in having your daughter or sons college announcement highlighted on our social media please email our Marketing and Communications Director Sean Maslin with the following information: their name (first and last), the full name of the school they will be attending, the team they currently play for at Bethesda, and a CLEAR photo of them in their BSC jersey or in BSC apparel.
Where Can The Club Be Found On Social Media?
You can click on any one of the links above to go to our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Flickr pages. The club uses #WeAreBethesda and #BethesdaSC as our two hashtags as well as #BSCNextLevel for our Virtual Academy.
Where Can I Send My Media Items To So That They Can be posted?
All photos, videos, and articles must go to our Marketing and Communications Director Sean Maslin at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that all posts are done on a first come, first serve basis and that there may be a delay in posting social media items. We will notify you when it has been received and give you an estimated time that it will be posted.